Traveling is fun. It’s that time in your life where you can get away from your every day routine. Most people travel once a year with family and friends and others travel routinely for work. I traveled a lot in my twenties. Whether it was for work or for leisure, I enjoyed traveling to different places. I met awesome people and learned a lot about other cultures.
Where do you live currently: Manhattan, New York
How many states have you visited? 28-30 states
How many countries have you visited? 7
What is your favorite pastime when traveling? I buy a pair of shoes every time I travel. I also visit a new coffee shop.
How many times have you flown on a plane? 18-20 times
How many languages did you learn while traveling? 2, Spanish and Japanese
How many beaches have you visited? 8-10 beaches
How many of your trips were cruises? 2
Were any of your trips via train? Yes
Have you ever taken a road trip? Yes! My longest road trip was from South Carolina to Los Angeles, California.
How do you prefer to travel? Car, plane, train, or cruise? I would rather travel via car. I like long road trips while listening to my favorite music.
Do you travel solo or with someone? I would rather travel solo, but I have traveled with friends and family.
Tips and Ideas
1)Traveling is expensive, so make sure you save up for your trip. When saving up for a trip, save for the following:
- Plane ticket (don’t forget luggage fees) and hotel (don’t forget the $50 holding fee)
- Food and beverages
- Leisure activities
- Taxes and additional fees
- Emergency money
*while saving, include money for your bills and other responsibilities 😉
2) Learn basic words in their language. This will come in handy if you get lost or have an emergency. Also, many people in other countries don’t communicate like you, so learning how to communicate how you would like to be accommodated is important.
3) Research the laws in other countries. The worst thing to happen in another country is to break a law and be put in jail for something you didn’t understand.
4) Convert your money. Most airports have a money exchange area. Visit it before you get on the plane to your destination.
5) Decide if you are traveling solo or with someone.
6) Make sure your passport is up-to-date. If you don’t have one, purchase one or two months in advance. It could take up to a month to arrive in the mailbox or local post office.
7) Have fun and meet new friends. :-)!