Laid off due to the coronavirus? YIKES! It can be scary and VERY stressful losing your job, but the MAIN thing you don’t want to do is panic. Times like these can be hard, so the first thing you should do is come up with a plan to survive. You should reduced your monthly bills and expenses. Next, call to negotiate your bills, and finally, apply to multiple companies for a new job. You will need to create a plan to help you survive the financial hardships you may face for the next month or so . Here’s HOW:
*Apply for one or more job that equals to the amount of income you were receiving before the loss of your job.
*Look into government assistant programs for unemployment, student loans, mortgages, social security and retirement.
*Reach out to local churches, neighborhood programs, and non-profit organizations for assistance on food, hygiene products, kitchen and bathroom essentials, weather related items, medicine and first ad kits, and personal items.
APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT ASAP
Call every company you pay monthly and ask if they have a coronavirus program. Most do. Also, ask if they could give you an extension on your payments. Most companies have extension programs for job loss or an unfortunate crisis.
Negotiate your bills by asking for a reduction in payment, to dismiss late fees and interest amount and for an extension for amount due.
This is the perfect time to do a debt consolidation to have items removed from your credit report and to increase your credit score.
Apply for other jobs ASAP. With the coronavirus causing most non-essential businesses to close, all essential businesses are still open. Below is a list of types of companies hiring NOW:
- Grocery stores
- Public transportation
- Truck driving
- Delivery services
- Mail carrier services
- Walmart and Amazon are hiring over 50,000 employees ASAP.
- Metal health services
How To Save Money
- STAY AT HOME
- Stock up on everything
- Wash, style and cut your own hair
- Maintain and paint your nails
- Go generic
- Reduce laundry time
- Reduce shower time
- Turn off electronics you are not using
- Turn off lights through out the house
- Stay in one room
- Create spa day at home
- Limit how much you eat per meal
- Don’t use things to access
- Don’t buy anything new
- Limit water use
– Take advantage of discounts and coupons
How To Stay Healthy and Maintain Your Weight
- Stock up on fruits and vegetables
- Exercise at home. For guidance, look at YouTube videos or google specific exercises
- Go for a walk around your yard or building
- If you have equipment at home, take advantage of each one daily
- Do not eat to access
- Don’t eat a huge meal before bed. Light snacks only
- Exercise before you go to bed.
- If you’re able to, drink a lot of water
- Reduce your intake of sugar, fats, and carbs
- Get a lot of sleep
How To Stay Mentally Balanced
- STAY AT HOME
- Take the necessary health precautions
- Exercise daily
- Read every day
- Talk to, FaceTime, or Video chat with friends and family daily
- Turn off the news
- Limit your social media time
- Start a new hobby
- Catch up on important things/work at home
- Clean your home from top to bottom
- Organize your home
- Organize your closet
- Clean out your attic, basement, or garage
- Spend time with family
- Laugh and have fun
Activities For Singles, Couples, and Families